When you’re embarking on a home remodel, one of the key decisions you’ll make is what furniture to choose. The right furniture can make all the difference in how your remodeled space looks and feels, so it’s important to take the time to select pieces that will complement your new design.
Here are a few tips to help you choose the right furniture for your remodel:
1. Consider the overall style of your space. If you’re going for a more modern look, then furniture with clean lines and a minimalist aesthetic will be a good choice. If you’re going for a more traditional look, then furniture with more ornate details and classic silhouettes will be a better fit.
Another way to achieve balance is to choose furniture that matches in visual weight. For example, you wouldn’t want to pair a comfy overstuffed couch with a spindly-legged coffee table. Instead, you should opt for a chunky coffee table that proportionally matches the girth of the sofa.
2. Think about the function of the furniture. Will it be used for sitting, sleeping, or storage? Make sure to choose furniture that will be appropriate for the intended purpose.
Visions of comfy couches and dining room chairs dance in your head, but when it comes to putting it all together, your mind is reeling. If you want to make it easy, you can go matchy-matchy and buy a suite of furniture.
3. Keep in mind the size of your space. Furniture that is too large or too small can make a room feel cramped or empty. Choose furniture that is the right scale for the size of your space.
The scale of the furniture should work in tandem with the size of the room. If you have a small bedroom, you don’t want to stuff it with a king-sized bed and matching dressers.
4. Pay attention to the details. The little things like hardware, upholstery, and finish can make a big difference in the overall look of your furniture. Make sure to choose pieces with details that complement the style of your space.
A monochromatic scheme of white walls and painted white furniture in a variety of styles is the basis of the popular Shabby Chic decorating style, which has been in vogue for years.
5. Don’t forget about comfort. Furniture should be both stylish and comfortable. Make sure to test out furniture before you buy to ensure that it’s comfortable enough for you to use on a daily basis.
By following these tips, you can be sure to choose furniture that will fit well with your remodeled space. With the right furniture in place, your home will be transformed into the stylish and inviting space you’ve always wanted.
If you are looking to remodel, contact TNT Design & Build today. We are your remodeling experts and we can also offer interior designing advice. Contact us today.